Recipe by * Carly *
This is from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking 2000 pg. 98
Top Review by bohemiangurlmd
I love this recipe. I used to make it quite often when my girls were little and now that we have only 2 left in the house, I cut this recipe in half but it is still delicious. It's also great with chicken. Yummy!!
- 8 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt.
- In a skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper; stir in hash browns, 2/4 cup cheese and half of the onions.
- Spread into a greased baking dish.
- Arrange pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onion.
- Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, cheese is melted and meat juices run clear.