Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From an old farm cookbook; uses potatoes, French fried onions, and sour cream. I used sour cream and chives with this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream, can use sour cream and chives
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can French's French fried onions
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, and dry mustard in the flour.
- Dredge pork chops in flour mixture; brown in oil.
- Place sliced potatoes in a layer in an 11x7x1-1/2 inch pan.
- Place 1/3 of the French fried onions in this layer.
- Arrange pork chops over potatoes.
- Mix remaining flour in sour cream (I used sour cream and chives; it worked great); mix in milk; pour over the top; make sure it gets into the potato layer.
- Top with remaining French fried onions.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover for the last 15 minutes.