Recipe by looneytunesfan
My kids love this stuff! I'm really not sure if 'Chalupa' is the right term for this, but it's what we've always called it. Feel free to add more or less spice and add any toppings your family may like. It's very easy and versatile.
Top Review by LetsEat
Boring pork roast? Never again! We loved this recipe. I had navy beans on hand, so we used them instead of pinto beans. Instead of using corn chips, we used fresh flour tortillas and made burritos. Yum!
- 4 lbs pork roast, any kind
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork roast, pinto beans, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and water in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove roast and pull meat apart, removing any bones or fat.
- Return pork to slow cooker and continue cooking for 2 to 4 more hours, adding more water if necessary.
- Place corn chips on serving plates.
- Spoon pork mixture over chips and serve with desired optional toppings.