Adapted from Cooking Light. Quick, tasty, healthy, and family liked it. Serving size:1 cup stir-fry mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 1 T cashews; 349 calories, 9.7 g fat, 34.5 g carb, 3.3 g fiber, 74 mg cholesterol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 cups cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1In a medium-size bowl, add the soy sauce and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- 2Add in pork slices; stir to coat.
- 3Cover and chill.
- 4Put the beans in a large pan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes.
- 5Drain beans and plunge into ice water; drain.
- 6**Alternative way to cook green beans--I steam them until crisp-tender then drain.
- 7Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 8Add in ginger and garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- 9Add in pork mixture; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 10Add in green beans; stir-fry 1 1/2 minute or until pork is done.
- 11Stir in broth; lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes; season to taste with salt/pepper.
- 12Serve over rice; sprinkle with cashews.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork, Cashew, and Green Bean Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 1111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.4 g