Prep 45 mins
Cook 11 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. Quick, tasty, healthy, and family liked it. Serving size:1 cup stir-fry mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 1 T cashews; 349 calories, 9.7 g fat, 34.5 g carb, 3.3 g fiber, 74 mg cholesterol
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 cups cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews
- In a medium-size bowl, add the soy sauce and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- Add in pork slices; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Put the beans in a large pan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and plunge into ice water; drain.
- **Alternative way to cook green beans--I steam them until crisp-tender then drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add in ginger and garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in pork mixture; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add in green beans; stir-fry 1 1/2 minute or until pork is done.
- Stir in broth; lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes; season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with cashews.
Very good. Easy to throw together after work. I added some fresh ginger, garlic and ground black pepper to the pork marinade. For the stir-fry I used 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger and 3 garlic cloves. I added in some chopped red bell pepper. Delicious!
This is fabulous! I like to use a little more garlic and ginger, it's also great with chicken instead of pork!
Great flavor. I'm the only one that likes cashews, so we didn't put them in. We will definitely make this again. I will probably add some mushrooms next time.