Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Cooking Light. Quick, tasty, healthy, and family liked it. Serving size:1 cup stir-fry mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 1 T cashews; 349 calories, 9.7 g fat, 34.5 g carb, 3.3 g fiber, 74 mg cholesterol
Top Review by swissms
Very good. Easy to throw together after work. I added some fresh ginger, garlic and ground black pepper to the pork marinade. For the stir-fry I used 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger and 3 garlic cloves. I added in some chopped red bell pepper. Delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 cups cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, add the soy sauce and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- Add in pork slices; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- Put the beans in a large pan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and plunge into ice water; drain.
- **Alternative way to cook green beans--I steam them until crisp-tender then drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add in ginger and garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in pork mixture; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add in green beans; stir-fry 1 1/2 minute or until pork is done.
- Stir in broth; lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes; season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with cashews.