Recipe by Mercy
Serve these tidbits as an appetizer or as a main course with noodles or rice. I like baking meatballs (375°F for about 25 minutes), rather than frying. It is less messy and no additional oil is needed.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lean pork
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, onion and salt. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 30).
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add half pork balls and cook, shaking pan to brown all sides.
- Remove browned balls from pan and repeat with remainder.
- Remove browned balls from pan; pour off fat, measure and return 2 tablespoons to pan.
- Add red peppers, curry powder and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce and chicken broth; stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- Add pork balls; cover; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Push balls to one side and stir in sour cream; carefully mix sauce and balls.