Recipe by Nodakian
This was the first meal that I ever cooked for my husband while we were dating and 10 years later he still requests it.
- 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 4 large boneless pork chops
- 8 jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip spinach leaves in almost boiling water to wilt then place in ice cold water. Pound cutlets to 1/4 inch thick. Place 3 spinach leaves over each cutlet. Place 2 shrimp on each cutlet. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Dust rolls in flour and cook gently in oil until meat is cooked through but not dry and nicely browned (about 20 minutes). Remove from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While rolls are browning: In separate sauce pan melt butter, add flour and whisk for one minute. Remove from heat, gradually stir in water, bouillon, cream and blue cheese. Stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently slice each roll into 4-5 pieces. On 4 individual large plates divide sauce and spread over center of plate. Place sliced rolls over sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.