Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An eclectic-electric pork and sweet potato soup, sparked with cumin and grounded with Ramen noodles.
- Layer potatoes, onion and pork in a crock pot.
- Sprinkle with cumin, ginger and pepper.
- In small bowl, blend 1 cup water and seasoning packets from ramen noodles (reserve noodles) pour mixture over pork and vegetables.
- Add remaining 3 cups water.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Break ramen noodles up, stir into crock pot.
- Cover, cook on high for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring gently once.
- Stir in green onions and serve.
This is a very eclectic mixture, one of the reasons I was attracted to it! I did add some garlic powder and a heapping teaspoon of beef bouillion granules to the mixture as I thought the 2 packets from the ramen just wouldn't have enough flavor for my tastes. With the noodles I added some leftover steamed brocolli cut into chucks. It made a beautiful and tasty addition to this very hearty and thick ( but not dense) soup. I gave this recipe to a friend and he raved so I had to try it too. This is a gem of a soup and I will most definitely make it again!