Recipe by Sueie
Healthy, tasty Thai style pork stir-fry. Always a hit with visitors.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful blend of flavors - Had a bit left over and just had it cold MMMM.For the first time I used dried Shiitake mushrooms with excellent results - 5 min in hot water and the are reconstituted and ready for use. I marked you down 1 starbecause I found your instructions unclear.I wasn't what you meant by "dressing" and deduced that it was the fish sauce, lime,& brown sugar but deduced it too late I was already frying the onion, mushrooms & then later the pork returned to the pan. No problem it still came out super. I took step 2 to mean just set it aside while you are rubbing the spices into the pork. If you see what I mean and decide to change the instruction please let me know on the message board and I will rewrite this review to a 5 star which it deserves. Thanks for an excellent recipe Sueie
- 500 g lean pork, strips
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 200 g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coriander, ginger and chilli, rub into pork.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar and set aside whilst preparing pork.
- Add pork in batches and stir fry for 1- 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Transfer to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Cook onion for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, pork, snow peas, coriander and dressing and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Serve with cooked noodles or rice.