Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are wonderful kebobs. If you have any bourbon on hand, these are well worth making. Whiskey may be replaced instead of the bourbon. I sometimes add on cherry tomatoes onto the skewers too. Note: the sauce may be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to use. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons dry rub seasonings (homemade or store-bought)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered meat tenderizer (I use Club House brand) (optional)
- 3 fresh ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl,sprinkle spice rub (mixed with the tenderizer) over the cubes, making sure all sides are covered well; cover, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to make the kebobs,remove the husks from the corn, and wrap each ear of corn in a damp paper towel.
- Microwave each ear individually at HIGH power for 2 minutes, or par-boil corn for 2 minutes in boiling water; cool, cut into 2-inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, maple syrup, bourbon, dry mustard and vinegar; stir well to combine.
- Remove the pork cubes from the fridge.
- Alternate 4 cubes and three corn pieces on each of 12 skewers (corn, 2 pork cubes, corn, two pork cubes, corn).
- Brush corn with melted butter.
- Brush the pork well with the BBQ sauce.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, just until pork is cooked through.
- Brush the pork with more sauce, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.