Recipe by Anna P.
An interesting Bread, sounds different than any other I have seen. Found it in one of my cookbooks. Tell me what you think of it.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) canlibby deep-browned pork and beans
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix raisins with boiling water, stir and set aside.
- Beat egg, oil, sugar, vanilla and Libby's Deep-Browned beans until beans are broken.
- Add flour, remaining ingredients, including raisins and water.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into a well greased 9x5x23/4 loaf pan.
- Bake at 325F for 60-70 minutes.
- This recipe is also great baked as muffins.
- Makes 6 Large muffins.
- Bake at 325F for 40-45 minutes.