Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An interesting Bread, sounds different than any other I have seen. Found it in one of my cookbooks. Tell me what you think of it.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) canlibby deep-browned pork and beans
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix raisins with boiling water, stir and set aside.
- Beat egg, oil, sugar, vanilla and Libby's Deep-Browned beans until beans are broken.
- Add flour, remaining ingredients, including raisins and water.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into a well greased 9x5x23/4 loaf pan.
- Bake at 325F for 60-70 minutes.
- This recipe is also great baked as muffins.
- Makes 6 Large muffins.
- Bake at 325F for 40-45 minutes.
A great sweet bread -- maybe a bit like pumpkin bread? My kids ate it (wonder of wonders) and liked everything but the raisins. Next time I may try it without them....
Wow! That is good bread! I used Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, because that's what I had, and beat them with the mixer quite well. It has that mystery taste that will have people asking "what's in that bread/" It has a rich taste, and will be great for breakfast :) Thanks, I couldn't wait to make it to see what it tasted like and wasn't disappointed. Carole
Made two large and one small loaf today. Very nice texture. Easy enough to make but really needs more spice in it. Will add some others next time and update this post. Worthwhile making.