Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My grandfather made the most amazing meatballs. This is one of his recipes. Add any other spices you like, such as oregano, before shaping into balls.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine egg and 1/4 cup of the soup.
- Stir in the uncooked rice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beef and mix well with either a spoon or your hands.
- Shape into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls. Place in a 10" skillet.
- Mix remaining soup with Worcestershire sauce and water. Pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring often.
this excellent recipe was prepared by my 10 year old daughter tonight. loved by all