1/1 Photo of Porcini Swiss Fondue
Thiis comes from "The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook". Anyone who came of age in the early 80′s and loved good food has either been to this charming Manhattan restaurant or own one of the many cookbooks authored by Sheila Lukins and Jule Rosso. Sunday mornings, it was standing room only (well, not really standing room) we were actually standing outside as the restaurant was very small and cozy. Ah, I love memories that are filled with good food, good friends and delightful conversation, such is "The Silver Palate:. This fondue combines the culinary flavors of three cheeses and white wine, how can you go wrong?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup marsala wine (plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese (granted-Vacheri cheese can be substituted)
- 8 ounces emmenthaler cheese (or any other swiss cheese available)
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove (halved)
- 2 cups white wine (dry)
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese (grated-Parmesan can be used instead)
- fresh black pepper
- 1Heat marsala wine just to boiling pour over dried mushrooms in a small bowl, let set at least 1 hours.
- 2meanwhile toss fontina and swiss lightly with flour.
- 3rub a heavy enameled pot or fondue pot with garlic, pour in the white wine, heat over medium low heat until hot, add cheese tossed with flour, a hanful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each addition melts; then stir in pecorino.
- 4Drain the mushrooms, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, chop into fine pieces, stir into cheeze mixture along with 2 T. marsala, season with LOTS of fresh ground black pepper.
- 5Serve fondue with asorted breads and sausages for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porcini Swiss Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms
pecorino romano cheese