72 hrs 15 mins
Rachel Potachel's Note:
One of my favorites growing up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
Night before making pancakes
- 1With a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and gradually add lukewarm water.
- 2Stir until mixture resembles a smooth paste.
- 3Cover with a towel and set in a warm place to sour, stirring mixture several times a day.
- 4In two or three days the mixture will be ready.
- 5Start the night before you want pancakes by adding 2 cups warm water and 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- 6Let sit at room temperature overnight.
- 7When ready to cook, REMOVE ONE CUP OF BATTER AND PLACE IN FRIDGE IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER (THIS WILL BE YOUR STARTER FOR NEXT TIME!).
- 8Add egg, cooking oil, instant dry milk, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- 9Lightly grease skillet and heat on medium-high.
- 10Pour batter to make several pancakes in the skillet.
- 11Once bubbles appear on the tops of the pancakes and edges begin to brown, gently pull up pancakes with a spatula and flip over to cook the other side.
- 12Cook both sides until golden brown. Serve warm, with any topping you like.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pop's Sourdough Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 1543.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g