Recipe by beartownbob
This is a great dish for any night of the week.My three granddaughters request it all the time,and they are picky eaters!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (with juice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormicks chili seasoning mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormicks taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 -16 slices process American cheese
- 2 cups white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Rice and set aside.
- Brown Ground Beef/diced Onion until fully done,drain.Transfer meat to large pot(4-6 qts).
- Then add tomatoes,corn,beans,salt,garlic powder and onion powder,and heat on medium heat for 4-5 mins.Then stir in Chili Powder,Burrito Powder and refried Beans.Stir until well mixed,this takes a while because of the refried Beans.
- Then place cheese slices,one layer at a time.when softened,stir into Chili,then repeat with remaining layers of Cheese.
- When cheese is fully melted,turn heat down and simmer 5 mins.Then you can serve over rice,some Garlic bread and you have a meal fit for a king!