1/1 Photo of Poppy Seed Muffins With a Hint of Almond
Monday is "muffins for breakfast" at our house, so we've tried lots of recipes! This one is at the top of the "Keepers" list. Dipping the muffin tops in butter and then sugar gives them a finished (and tasty) appearance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease or paper 12 muffin cups.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- 3In a large measuring cup, combine milk, oil, egg and almond, beating well. Add to flour mixture all at once, stirring only until moistened (batter will have a few lumps).
- 4Divide between muffin cups, about two-thirds full.
- 5Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes (tops are golden brown). Cool for five minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Put sugar in another small bowl.
- 7Dip tops into melted buter, then into sugar to coat. Cool for a few more minutes (if the hungry mungers aren't clamoring too loudly!).
- 8OPTION: Add 1/4-1/2 cup chopped almonds to the dry ingredients after sifting, blend well.
- 9SUBSTITUTION: Try lemon flavoring instead of the almond. Ymmmm-good! And a bit of lemon zest with the sugar topping. Even better.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Muffins With a Hint of Almond
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 286.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g