- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fat-free margarine or 2 tablespoons lowfat margarine
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg whites or 3 tablespoons egg substitute, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat) and flour.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and add to flour mixture until blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.