1/1 Photo of Poppy Seed Cake
If I would need to choose one cake in the whole world it would be poppy seed cake. You might have difficulties finding ground poppy seed in your country as it is forbidden in some as it is said to be addictive. This is a fact in my country of emigration so please think of me when you have your helping on this wonderful cake! NOTE: Semolina is wheat flour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 200°celcius.
- 2Mix milk, poppy seeds, semolina, the egg, jam, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl and stir until completely mixed.
- 3Grind some lemon peel into the dough.
- 4Butter the baking tray (any form will do but I like to have it in a long one or a Gugelhupf one) and put the dough mixture in it.
- 5Bake the cake for about 45 minutes.
- 6Check on a needle if it is ready.
- 7You can also use orange marmalade--that works great as well.
- 8If you use sugar-free jam, this cake is sugar-gluten-and all but happiness free!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 78.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red currant jam
lemons, rind of