Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a family favorite. I think of my mom everytime I eat this. She gave me this for safe keeping so here it is. This is more a cake consistency than a true bread. It is delicious as a dessert with coffee or on a brunch table.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix all cake ingredients together until incorporated.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 1 tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients in saucepan.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool slightly and drizzle over warm bread.