Recipe by justcallmetoni
I was looking for poppy seed recipes as part of my personal pantry challenge and found this one on the Cooking Light website. Looked yummy enough to share.
Top Review by tlea73
Yummy, yummy, yummy!! I did run into a problem with the dough being a little dry, and not wanting to come together. I added 1/3 cup milk, and an additional 1 teaspoon of almond extract. I also used butter in place of the oleo. Turned out nice and crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. For 'decoration', I also added a couple slivered almonds on top. Nice treat! Thanks for posting! :)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened (stick)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and margarine at medium speed of a mixer until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add corn syrup, extract, egg, and egg white; beat well.
- Combine flour, poppy seeds, and baking soda; stir.
- Add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; let cool on pans 1 minute.
- Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.