Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds great for a quick meatless pasta meal. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes halved)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Put in large serving bowl.
- In a large skillet heat over medium heat heat one tablespoon oil and add garlic and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cook for one minutes, stirring (do not brown).
- Increase heat to medium high and add spinach, stirring for 2-3 minutes until spinach is limp. Remove from heat. Toss with pasta.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining oil (1 1/2 tablespoons) and lemon juice (1 1/2 tablespoons). Stir in cheese and tomatoes.
- Add dressing/tomato mixture to pasta/spinach and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
I'd been looking for healthy ways to use baby spinach other than just in salads and this really hit the spot. I added grilled chicken left over from the night before and it made a very satisfying main dish. Thanks Michael
Tasty! I used shell pasta, frozen spinach, and chopped tomato since I didn't have cherry tomatoes. It is not a main meal for us, but was a PERFECT side dish. I served it alongside chicken& sausage. Thank you!
Yummy! I used wide egg noodles and frozen spinach. It was just a little bland, so spiced it up with seasoning salt and a little pepper. Thanks Ellie!