Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from 365 Low-fat dishes. The description says “appetizers are called meze in Greek, and these savory little morsels are flavored with currants, pine nuts, mint, and cinnamon.” Serve them with plain yogurt. I’m posting this for ZWT. Prep time does not include 1 hour chilling time.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Coat a 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, scallions, bread crumbs, currants, parsley, mint, egg white, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Mix lightly to combine.
- Shape in to 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake meatballs for 10 minutes. Transfer pan to broiler and broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
these are dangerously good! thank goodness they are low fat :) its been awfully hot here so have been making supper in the early morning and that way it just needs a quick reheat. i doubt any of these will be left by supper time!! The flavor of the mint goes so well with the hint of cinnamon, the little bit of heat of cayenne, the chicken..and a touch of sweetness from the currants. Absolutely delicious. I have had 3 already and one was great with tzatziki sauce to