1/1 Photo of Pommes Anna (Potatoes Anna)
From Cooking Light. Tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3Melt 2 1/2 T butter in a 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 4(I've found pan size is important here. Otherwise adjust quantities and cooking times.) Arrange a single layer of potato slices, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern in pan, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt mixture.
- 5Drizzle 1/2 tsp melted butter over potatoes.
- 6Repeat layers 5 times, ending with butter; press firmly to pack.
- 7(I press firmly to pack before adding the last of the butter.) Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- 9Loosen edges of potatoes with a spatula.
- 10Place a plate upside down on top of pan, invert potatoes onto plate.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pommes Anna (Potatoes Anna)
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 298.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g