2 hrs 10 mins
You can use this sauce as a glaze for roasted pork or chicken, to pancake syrup.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Pomegranates in half and put seeds through a juice reamer.
- 2Strain juice through a damp jelly bag or several layers of damp cheesecloth.
- 3Measure 5 cups of pomegranate juice.
- 4In a large saucepot combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- 6Reduce heat to low, or medium low, depending on your stove. You want product at a constant simmer.
- 7Simmer, stirring often, until product is reduced by half.
- 8Ladle hot sauce into sterile, hot jars.
- 9Leave 1/4 inch head space.
- 10Wipe rims and adjust caps.
- 11Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- 12This makes 4 half pints.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g