Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use this sauce as a glaze for roasted pork or chicken, to pancake syrup.
Make and share this Pomegranate Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Cut Pomegranates in half and put seeds through a juice reamer.
- Strain juice through a damp jelly bag or several layers of damp cheesecloth.
- Measure 5 cups of pomegranate juice.
- In a large saucepot combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low, or medium low, depending on your stove. You want product at a constant simmer.
- Simmer, stirring often, until product is reduced by half.
- Ladle hot sauce into sterile, hot jars.
- Leave 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and adjust caps.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- This makes 4 half pints.