Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I found this recipe in a cooking club of America magazine. This pairs nicely with with roasted turkey. Check out my holiday menu to see some items that pair nicely for a holiday meal.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups port wine (can sub 2 cups pomegranate juice mixed with 1 tbsp honey)
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir shallots 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add pomegranate juice and port; boil 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Add broth; boil 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk into broth mixture; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently 3 minutes. (Sauce can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate).