Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something we came up with after trying to find a drink that used pomegranate juice. We used pomegranate juice that was flavored with cherries. The measurements we used were with a 1.5 ounce shot glass - 1.5 ounces is equivalent to 3 Tablespoons. The sugar on the rim gives it a pleasant sweetness that smooths the martini. Based on a martini recipe from an Iraqi restaurant.Enjoy!
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 4 1⁄2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces maraschino cherry juice, for those that like drinks on the sweeter side (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- sugar, for rim
- Pour first 4 ingredients in a shaker (or use two glasses if you do not have a shaker - put one inside the other) with crushed ice and shake.
- Run lime around the rim of a martini glass and coat with sugar.
- Pour contents into martini glass and garnish with cherry and lemon rind.
Made as shown and would not change a thing. Great Valentine's celebration addition. Just the right combo of sweet and tart...used Splenda arount the edge of the glass...looked like winter frost. Realy enjoyed this, thanks for the recipe.
I've made a new house rule: If you get to the point that you fall off your chair, it's time to stop.
I did use the cherry juice. I used lime juice cause that's what I had. It was yummy! Thanks Cheryl :) Made for Cookbook tag