Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 whole chicken, about 2 kg
- lemon juice
- 1 onion, cut up
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash the chicken, cut it in pieces; season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in a glass baking dish and add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary and wine.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Roast in the oven at 375°, in the same dish covered with the same foil for one hour.
- Meanwhile, grate the apple and mix it with the water and sugar.
- Take off the foil, cover the chicken in the apple mixture and continue cooking for 20 minutes more until the chicken is browned.
We did it at 350 for a project for my son's Spanish class at school and it turned out great. Only change he suggested to do next time, is to buy chicken already skinned. He thought that was particularly gross :-) Seems all the cooking projects come up when my wife is out of town on business. As an addition, we broiled it for about just a bit over a minute at the end to give the apples just a hint of nice crispy texture on the outside which complimented the moistness of the chicken.
I am not rating this recipe because I didnt follow the recipe exactly. I did use all the ingredients but I used chicken tenders. The flavor is nice, and unique but would not reccomend using tenders or breasts here. I would love to try again, and do it the right way, because we did enjoy the flavor.
This tastes excellent im assuming this dish is from brazil but im not sure.