1/3 Photos of Pollo Relleno!
A super tasty dish-always a favorite at Chez Willi
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (2 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into six 2x1/2-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce or 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 1Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- 2In a bowl combine cornmeal and taco seasoning mix. Place egg in another bowl; beat lightly.
- 3For each roll, place a spoonful of chili pepper half on a chicken piece. Place a cheese stick atop chili pepper near an edge. Sprinkle with some of the cilantro or parsley, black pepper, and red pepper. Fold in sides; roll up jelly-roll style, starting from edge with cheese .
- 4Dip rolls into egg and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 5Place rolls, seam sides down, in a shallow baking pan.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with taco sauce or salsa. If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- 8Goes great with Zatarains Yellow Rice!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Relleno!
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.5 g