photo by Sgt. Pepper
- Ready In:
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomatoes (seeded & Peeled)
- 1 serrano pepper (seeded & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (for Garnish)
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms being careful not to split the mushroom caps.
- Chop the stems and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add avacado, tomato, serrano pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon juice, onion salt, and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Fill mushrooms with the mixture packing it firmly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven @ 350 for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each mushroom with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- garnish with Cilantro and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed the flavor of this "relleno"! A great and easy way to eat a portabello (one of my favorite things in the world). My only complaint is that it wasn't quite hot enough all the way through; 10-15 minutes would be a better amount of time to cook for the first round, at least for us. Otherwise, fantastic and something we'll make many times over. Thanks!!
I followed the recipe exactly and it looked a lot like the photos, but the flavor just was NOT for us. Neither Gato nor I enjoyed it. It seemed like a mushroom (which we love) stuffed with guacamole (which we love), but somehow the textures and the flavors didn't seem to compliment each other. It was worth a try and helped me use things up out of the pantry/refri. Thanks, anyway!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am spoiled rotten by my lovely wife, and Zaar Master Chef Kim D. Anything else is on a need to know basis, and requires a password.