Chili Biscuit Relleno
photo by Chocolatl
- Ready In:
- Cut the Velveeta into small cubes. Drain the chilis.
- Spray 10 cups of a medium-sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle each lightly with cornmeal.
- Press 1 piece of biscuit dough onto bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Fill center of each cup with Velveeta cubes. Top each with 1 teaspoon chilis.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These turned out much differently than I thought they would. I thought they would be little cups of seasoned cheese with a biscuit crust. But my biscuits puffed way, way up, turning them into biscuits with a cheese and chili topping. They were very good. I cut back on the chilies to please my family, and I'm sorry I did; the chilies add a lot of flavor. But even with no chilies at all, these are very good. This would be a delicious, easy party appetizer. I might add a dash of cumin next time. The cornmeal helps prevent the biscuits from sticking, but also adds a very subtle Southwestern flavor. Thanks for posting!