Cheater Chile Relleno
This is the quick easy way to have chili relleno. Often times I add some shredded chicken too.
- Ready In:
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x9 pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the grated cheese together.
- Split chiles open by sliding a knife down from the top to the bottom and remove seeds and veins.
- Lay half of the chiles open in the bottom on the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of chiles.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream.
- Pour over the cheese and chiles, carefully spreading to the edges.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown at the edges and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let set five minutes before serving.
- Can top with salsa or enchilada sauce if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was delicious. I made half the recipe, which fit perfectly into a 6 inch pie/tart pan. I did not have pepper jack, but had some habanero quesadilla cheese from the Mexican market, which worked wonderfully well. A wonderful meal. Update: the store I was at did not have the whole peppers, but had diced medium hot peppers, so I used those. A little more heat was welcome, but what I really liked was that the diced peppers made it easier to spoon out the dish