Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the book "A treasury of Polish Cuisine"
- 2 slices white bread, soaked in milk and dried a little
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground veal
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- mix the bread with the onions, egg and meat thoroughly. Add salt and pepper.
- Form small balls for the mixture and roll them in flour. Brown in hot butter on all sides.
- Pour broth over veal balls, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove to a warm serving platter.
- Add the rest of the flour to the pan drippings, and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and season with salt, adding the sour cream and dill. Pour over meat.