My mother would make this because it is easy, fast, cheap and filling...not to mention good. It is called Polish stew because of the kielbasa, or Polish sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-2-inch chunks (either peeled or not, your preference)
- 453.59 g package polska kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 (822.13 g) can green beans (i use all low-sodium vegetables)
- 411.06 g can corn
- 14.79 ml onion flakes (optional) or 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 1In a dutch oven, add all ingredients in order(do not drain your vegetables).
- 2Cover and put on stove top on medium-high until begins to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally.
- 4It is finished when the potatoes are tender (about 1/2 hour-sometimes less, sometimes more depending on the stove top).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.8
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 1387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 26.0 g