Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I got from my mother-in-law. I have no idea why they are called Polish Mistakes, but they make a good appetizer.
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds, miniature rounds (also called Cocktail Rye Bread)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped and liquid drained
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- Mix together olives, onions, mayo, mushrooms, cheese and bacon.
- Spread about 1 T on each party rye slice.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
I LOVED THIS! I really didn't need any appetizers so I made open faced sandwiches on rye. They were fantastic. Thanks for the recipe Lainey. For ZWT 4 Chic Chefs.
I made this as a test-run for the holidays, using half cream cheese for extra body, as with many recipes I always add in garlic and cayenne which is what I did for this one, thanks for sharing Lainey!...Kitten:)