Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Delicious!! I love the combination of horseradish and beets, and the yogurt/beet combo makes the most incredible color! Note - I used a LOT less than the called-for 12 tsp. of sugar (I think beets are plenty sweet on their own). Thanks for sharing this one; I'm sure I'll be making it again!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 5 medium cooked beets, peeled and shredded
- 3 tablespoons horseradish, to taste
- 12 teaspoons sugar
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onion in the butter for three to five minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the yogurt and heat to just below the boiling point.
- Add the beets, horseradish and sugar, and heat thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the parsley.