Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the original recipe I tweaked my Polish Applesauce Cake from.
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 apples (chopped fine)
- 1 pear (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts are best)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream sugar and butter (or margarine).
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, powder and soda together. Add to egg mixture and alternate when adding sour cream.
- Fold in the pear and apples.
- Grease a 13x9x2" pan and pour in the mixture, spreading evenly.
- Combine topping mixture and spread evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.