Dutch Apple Cake
This is a great cake.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- In large bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter and eggs; blend well.
- Spread on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over batter.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in softened butter.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was quick and easy, with pantry staples which is always appreciated! AND I did have it with vanilla ice cream! Yummy. Only small complaint was timing - I initially set the timer for 30 minutes (based upon recommended cooking time for a cake mix for this size of pan) and checked every few minutes thereafter. The cake cooked for about 37 minutes and it was already starting to burn on the bottom. I'm assuming that by cooking for 50 minutes it would have been black and burnt! Just a note of caution for anyone who may take the time of 50 minutes as stated and not check well in advance!Reply