6 hrs 30 mins
A wonderfully delicious quick to put together recipe! Thanks to Reader's Digest, it made my family happy. They couldn't wait to dig in as the enticing aroma floated throughout our home as the meal cooked. I made it spicier though by changing the Italian sausage to hot and substituting the black pepper with homemade pepper sauce though you could add or substitute with a hot pepper or 2. The person who reviewed this recipe had a bad experience. From what she stated, it seems that the dish was undercooked. If you never had polenta before, when it is done it is a bread like texture - similar to Mexican corn meal tamales. If it is gruel like, then it still needs to cook for more time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water.
- 2Grease crock pot with one tbs of olive oil.
- 3Mince onion and garlic.
- 4Cut red bell pepper into small bite size pieces.
- 5Cut Italian sausage into bite size pieces.
- 6Pour in water into crock pot.
- 7Drain the cans of chick peas and add to crock pot.
- 8Put in all the rest of the ingredients including the remaining olive oil.
- 9Stir to mix ingredients.
- 10Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta - Slow Cooker Style
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 1690.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g