Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
Thanks to Aimee the food QA at work for this one. She serves this with Tex-Mex chicken and serves it over a bed of battered and flash-fried jalapeno's and onions
- 4 whole poblano peppers
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes
- 2 whole serrano peppers
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast, peel and dice Poblano peppers.
- In a stock pot, combine cream cheese and velvetta on a low heat.
- Stir occasionally until completely melted and smooth.
- Chop green onions and tomatoes.
- Small dice Serrano peppers, remove seeds.
- Thoroughly clean and chop cilantro (removing sprigs from the main stem).
- Combine all veggies together and add lime juice.
- When cheese is melted and smooth, stir in all veggies.
- Simmer until hot throughout.