Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Diabetic Recipes at http://www.diabetic-recipes.com.
Make and share this Poached Salmon With Sweet Onions and Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 1 large sweet onion (peeled, and cut into 4 slices crosswise, ends discarded)
- 4 salmon steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- In a fish poacher or heavy skillet, bring wine, water, peppercorn, bay leaf, and lemon slices to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add onion slices and salmon steaks.
- Cover and simmer until onions are tender and salmon flakes when prodded with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer onion slices and salmon steaks to a heated serving platter.
- In a small cup, whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil with a fork until well blended.
- Drizzle over onions slices and salmon.
- If using, garnish with lemon wedges. Serve at once.