From Diabetic Recipes at http://www.diabetic-recipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 1 large sweet onion (peeled, and cut into 4 slices crosswise, ends discarded)
- 4 salmon steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- 1In a fish poacher or heavy skillet, bring wine, water, peppercorn, bay leaf, and lemon slices to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to simmer, add onion slices and salmon steaks.
- 3Cover and simmer until onions are tender and salmon flakes when prodded with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4Transfer onion slices and salmon steaks to a heated serving platter.
- 5In a small cup, whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil with a fork until well blended.
- 6Drizzle over onions slices and salmon.
- 7If using, garnish with lemon wedges. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Salmon With Sweet Onions and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: