This is a really quick and simple brunch of lunch dish. Could be for dinner too I guess.
Make and share this Poached Eggs a la King recipe from Food.com.
- Cook onion in butter till tender.
- Stir in soup and dash of pepper.
- Blend in milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and slip eggs into sauce.
- Cover and simmer until eggs are set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place egg on muffin and top with sauce.
For a quick and easy dish that tastes fine and looks elegant, this is a great pick. I also sprinkled fresh chives atop the dish. I made these with Easy Easy Biscuits minus the cheese (#85414) instead of the English muffins, and it was good. Fed to a happy family with 2 young kids who ate it all up (one normally doesn't eat eggs). I think the can of soup makes it a bit saltier than I like, and I may try this again but making my own a la king gravy (stumbled across this recipe trying to use up turkey leftovers and turkey broth). This is definitely an easy comfort food keeper, whether I go the extra mile to "home make" the gravy or use the soup. Thanks, Tebo.