2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
This is a modeling dough for children that can also be used to make Christmas ornaments. I found this one in a newpaper. I haven't tried it but it looks like one that my daughter brought home and made when she was in school. After hers were hardened she got paint, glue and a variety of coloured glitter and decorated them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the cold water, food coloring (if desired) and the cornstarch until smooth Mix the salt and the hot water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling salt water and stir vigorously to prevent it from lumping up.
- 3Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixture is stiff.
- 4Turn the mixture out onto a bread board.
- 5When cool knead until smooth.
- 6Use immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
- 7To make Christmas tree ornaments, roll out dough 1/4" thick and use cookie cutters to make a variety of shapes.
- 8Using a toothpick, make a hole at the top of each one so that a string or wire can be inserted.
- 9To harden models or ornaments either air dry them at room temperature for 3 days or bake at 200F for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Play Clay
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56659.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g