Recipe by susie cooks
pizzeettes are mini pizzas. Use any of your favorite toppings. From Giada De Laurentiis.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
These were excellant. Very easy to make, quick and the gorgonzola cheese gave it an excellant flavor. The cherry tomatoes were a little messy, I think next time I will used regular diced tomatoes. The fresh basil was a nice touch.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 5 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 1/4 inch thick round.
- Cut circles using a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, about 30.
- Arrange circles on 2 large baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the pizzettes with the oil and sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.