photo by Linky
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, minced
- 6 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the cheese in the freezer for 30 minutes. (Makes it easier to grate).
- Grate the cheese into a small bowl. Add the parsley, shallot and basil, stirring gently to combine.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large serving platter or on 6 individual salad plates. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the tomato slices.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Beat with a wire whisk. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
In order to make this more portable, I assembled this differently than directed, but it was still absolutely fantastic. I used crumbled Gorgonzola, to which I added the parsley, shallot, and basil. I was tempted to add garlic, but decided to follow the recipe. I then diced all the tomatoes and mixed them in, followed by the dressing, and mixed again. It was wonderful and was a great addition to my brown bag lunch! Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
see 3 more reviews