Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
From R. Reisman
Make and share this Pizza Wraps (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 large flavored flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onions and garlic for 8 minutes or until onions are brown.
- Stir in ground beef; cook for 5 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, stirring to break meat up.
- Stir in tomato sauce and basil; cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide beef mixture among the tortillas, spreading it in the centre; sprinkle with cheeses. Fold bottom half up to centre, fold in sides, and then roll. Place seam down on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven for 5 minutes or until tortillas are just warm and slightly crisp.
These were very good & an easy-fix. I used both sun-dried + garlic w/herbs tortillas & admit to 1 chg. My thinking was that ea wrap would have roughly 1/4 cup cooked onion + 1/4 cup sauce, but only 1 oz grd meat & less than 1 oz cheese. I knew my DH would say "Where is the beef?", so I doubled the grd meat. I know that made them a little less "light", but my grd meat was very lean, DH was happier & next time I will add bulk w/diced bell pepper + mushrooms. I used the microwave rather than oven & got the fold & roll wrong, but DH said he liked these better than spaghetti. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.
These were good and easy to make. I didn't add the oil when cooking up my onions and garlic, I just cooked them up with the ground beef. I followed the rest of the recipe except I didn't really measure things. Also instead of cooking them in the oven, I cooked them in the microwave as my kids were hungry NOW :) We really enjoyed these and will be making them again.