Recipe by Erin Linnea
I came on here looking for a pizza sauce that I could make with what I had, but I didn't find anything. I did get some ideas though, and I came up with something pretty tasty!!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, then add onion.
- Let them cook a few seconds, then add the red pepper, oregano, garlic salt, and pepper. Swirl them around with your spoon till onions are translucent and coated with spices.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and add pesto. Stir and taste how the spices are doing so far.
- Now add the parmesan and sugar, mix well.
- Make sure it is all heated through, and remove from heat. Now, press your garlic into the sauce and stir.
- It is SOOO important that you save the garlic till the end, and take the sauce off of the heat first. Otherwise the garlic will loose a lot of its flavor.
- Now you're ready to spread it onto your pizza dough and enjoy!