Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
All the flavors of a Greek pizza make these savory muffins bite-size treats for adults and kids alike. 39 calories per muffin. great for any diet and healthy too.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 158.51 ml finely chopped onion
- 158.51 ml finely chopped red bell pepper
- 78.07 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh oregano or 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml low-fat milk
- 78.07 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml chopped kalamata olives
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F Coat a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the onion mixture. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake the muffins until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.