Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another of mom's cookbook recipes. We used to eat these as a snack with leftover spaghetti sauce.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cooked sausage
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat together egg, milk, and butter in a small bowl. Pour over flour mixture. Stir to combine. Stir in cheese and meats.
- Spoon into muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
I made these using 1/2 C pepperoni and omitted the sausage, and added a good sprinkling of Italian seasoning too. My daughter loved these little muffins, but my son wasn't fussy for them. I thought they were pretty good too especially dipped in warm pasta sauce. It'll make a nice change to send in DD's lunch rather than a sandwich. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.
These are both easy to make, and very tasty. I used mild italian sausage, since that's what I like on pizza, but I think spicy would work well, too. Serve your muffins warm, with marinara or pizza suce for dipping. Made for PAC Fall 2008