1/2 Photos of Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
27 hrs 12 mins
Delicious pizza with great cheese-stuffed crust! From Top Secret by Todd Wilbur
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115F)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1For the crust: Make one day prior to baking. Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl.
- 2Stir until combined.
- 3Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, until foam begins to build on surface.
- 4In a large bowl sift flour and salt and make a deep depression in the center of the mixture.
- 5Add oil and yeast-water mixture to the depression and combine using a fork until you can use your hands.
- 6Dust a clean flat surface with flour and kneed the dough until the dough has a smooth consistent texture. This should take about 1 minutes.
- 7Rub a light coating of oil on dough and put in air-tight container and store in warm place for 2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- 8Punch down dough, put back in air-tight container and store in refrigerator for 24 hours. (if you do not have that time you can use the dough now).
- 9When ready to use roll out to 18 inches.
- 10Place dough on pan and make a ring around the edge with string cheese.
- 11Moisten the outering with water and fold over the dough to cover cheese and score the center of dough with a fork.
- 12Finally, lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
- 13For the sauce: Combine tomato sauce, water, sugar, lemon juice, and spices in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 14Once it starts to bubble, drop heat down and simmer for 30-60 minutes until desired thickness is reached (this makes sauce for two pies).
- 15Assembly: Heat oven to 475°F.
- 16Spread 1 cup of pizza sauce to the edges of the pizza crust.
- 17Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese and toppings.
- 18Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
Browse Our Top > 1 Day Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 1098.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 16.1 g