Recipe by luv2teachec
Came from http://visualrecipes.com/recipe-details/recipe_id/279/Olive-Garden-Breadsticks,-Pizza-Hut-Cheesesticks/ I use a bread machine to make the dough. This time i mixed equal parts white and wheat flour. The base is the same, but the toppings can be different. Olive Garden: butter, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, kosher salt, garlic powder Pizza Hut breadsticks: same + grated parmesan, black pepper, herbs Pizza Hut cheesesticks: same + mozzarella
Top Review by C Wojo
These were really good. Made in my bread maker - did not get home until about an hour after they should have been ready. Just rolled them out and let them rise in a "warm/proof" oven. Brushed them a few times with melted butter and kosher salt along with garlic salt. Took them out when brown, cooked as directed and NUMMY! Did not do the Pizza Hut variation but will try next time. They are so good that you cannot go wrong either way. Thanks for a great recipe. Good flavor and very easy!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons light butter (softened)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in bread Machine on dough setting.
- Then, roll it out into a log and divide it into 16 pieces. (I can normally only get about 12) Roll these pieces into cigar-shaped sticks of bread. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Cover, and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400*F. Use your brush to butter each stick, saving some butter for later. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove, then brush twice more and add another sprinkling of kosher salt and a light sprinkle of garlic powder. Tada! Olive Garden breadsticks.
- For Pizza Hut:.
- mix: 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese 1 tsp ground black pepper 1 tsp italian seasoning 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Then shake these onto your breadsticks to your liking (don't overpower the sticks though) For Cheesesticks Sprinkle shredded mozzarella onto the tops, then pop under the broiler until the cheese bubbles and burns a bit.