Recipe by Chef Glaucia
My family's favorite pizza dough. It makes 1 14-inch deep-dish pizza or 2 12-inch thin-crust pizzas.
- 1 cup mineral water (75 to 80 F )
- 2 tablespoons mineral water (75 to 80 F )
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in the bread machine pan. Select dough cycle.
- When the machine beeps, remove the dough out to a lightly floured work surface. Form dough into a round ( or divide in half for 2 thin-crust pizzas ) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- lightly spray one 14-inch deep-dish pizza pan ( or two 12-inch pizza pans for thin crust )with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and sides of pan with 1 tbsp cormeal.
- In a lightly floured surface, gently, pat and stretched the dough to fit the bottom of the pans ( or bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan for the deep-dish pizza pan ). Cover the dough and let it rest while you heat the oven to 425 ºF.
- Bake the dough for 5 minutes, remove from the oven, brush the dough with olive oil, top with the fillings of your choice and return it to the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden brown.